- 16:05A Deaf ENT Surgeon on Hacking HearingChad Ruffin
Dr. Chad Ruffin speaks to his own experience on receiving a cochlear implant at 21 years of age, and how he started re-imagining hearing loss technology as a result.
- 12:10Breakthrough Therapy: Can MDMA-assisted Psychotherapy Heal PTSD?Brad Burge
Brad Burge walks the audience through the current landscape of PTSD treatment, and how old technology - specifically therapeutic MDMA - is being revived to transform outcomes.
- 11:06Electroceuticals: Delivering Electricity as MedicineKate Rosenbluth
Kate Rosenbluth plunges forward into the future of electroceuticals, and the tremendous promise that electricity holds as medicine.
- 17:16"Tele-Empathy": A Digital Medicine ExperimentAlec Melkonian, Yan Fossat
What happens when physicians become patients? How would this ability impact treatment and care? Watch Alec Melkonian and Yan Fossat introduce the SymPulse™ tele-empathy device, designed to increase clinical empathy.
- 18:39Building SuperHumansKevin Stone
Kevin Stone presents a journey through the bionic technologies that will assist in moving toward a SuperHuman model, or what he refers to as the Anabolic Era of orthopedics.
- 29:00Spinal Cord Injury to Recovery: A Patient Advocate & Stem Cell Scientist Catalyzing a CureHans Keirstead, Roman Reed
Roman Reed and Dr. Hans Keirstead walk through the challenges and victories along the road to recovery from spinal cord injury, and how those experiences can inform exponential change in treatment.
- 14:29WHY Music - Unleashing the Power of Music to Transform HumanityBrothers Koren, Frank Fitzpatrick
Frank Fitzpatrick introduces the Brothers Koren while highlighting the role that music can play in transforming the human experience in health.
- 15:21Interventional OncologyStephen Hunt
Dr. Stephen Hunt, Interventional Radiologist at the University of Pennsylvania, discusses the importance for innovation in cancer treatment. Cancer is now one of the leading causes of death among Americans, and treatment in many ways has not changed with the times.
- 12:13Needle Pain Alleviation and BuzzyAmy Baxter
Dr. Amy Baxter brings awareness to needle phobia and procedural pain management.
- 18:02From 'Omics To ActionLarry Smarr
The study of the microbiome has become an increasingly important topic in modern medicine. Learn from Larry Smarr on what the microbiome is, what it means for modern medicine, and some of the ways it is going to change the future of treatment.
- 19:08The Death Of Surgery as We Know ItAmir Szold
Dr. Amir Szold discusses the traditional definition of surgery, and how new interventional technologies will change surgical procedures as we know them today.
- 28:27The Power of Miniaturization in MedicineSangeeta Bhatia
Dr. Sangeeta Bhatia talks about the power of miniaturization in medicine, and introduces some of the nanotechnologies that can have a big impact on patient treatment.
- 25:26Data and Machine LearningAnthony Chang
Data science and machine learning are two of the most commonly used phrases in the tech world today. What do they really mean, and why are they important? Dr. Anthony Chang explains the importance of these two game-changing fields, and the potential to transform patient treatment and interaction in the future.
- 18:56Patient PowerZachary Barrette, Kahn Fuehrer, Davis Miserandino
Some of the most vexing challenges in healthcare involve connecting genuinely with the patient. Watch Matthew Zachary, Jack Barrette, Christine Miserandino, David Fuehrer, Jane Sarasohn-Kahn, and Adrianne Haslet-Davis share their personal patient journey.
- 22:08Transforming Sick Care Into Health CareDaniel Kraft
Dr. Daniel Kraft talks about taking control of treatment, and how he started Exponential Medicine at Singularity University in order to reimagine solutions to global health challenges.