- 16:05A Deaf ENT Surgeon on Hacking HearingChad Ruffin
Dr. Chad Ruffin speaks to his own experience on receiving a cochlear implant at 21 years of age, and how he started re-imagining hearing loss technology as a result.
- 31:12Global Health Innovation: From Big Data to Small DeviceMarc Koska, Ralph Simon, Nico Preston
Panelists Ralph Simon, Marc Koska, and Dr. Nico Preston discuss global health technologies and take several questions from the audience at xMed.
- 12:10Breakthrough Therapy: Can MDMA-assisted Psychotherapy Heal PTSD?Brad Burge
Brad Burge walks the audience through the current landscape of PTSD treatment, and how old technology - specifically therapeutic MDMA - is being revived to transform outcomes.
- 24:39Transforming the Pharmaceutical Industry with Next-Generation Artificial IntelligenceAlex Zhavoronkov
Watch Alex Zhavoronkov explore the next generation of artificial intelligence, and how it can help the pharmaceutical industry.
- 12:14Transtech: Transformative TechnologyNichol Bradford
Nichol Bradford provides the xMed audience with an overview of an emerging sector known as transformative technology.
- 21:30Digital Innovation in HealthJeroen Tas
Jeroen Tas leverages his background in financial tech to argue for the transformational power of similar innovations in the patient care sphere.
- 46:37How the Age Wave Will Transform Health, Longevity and MedicineKen Dytchwald
Ken Dytchwald speaks to how the age wave will transform health, longevity and medicine.
- 14:29WHY Music - Unleashing the Power of Music to Transform HumanityBrothers Koren, Frank Fitzpatrick
Frank Fitzpatrick introduces the Brothers Koren while highlighting the role that music can play in transforming the human experience in health.
- 23:39Robots and ExponentialsCatherine Mohr
Dr. Catherine Mohr presents a view into the world of expontential robotics technology using several contemporary examples to illustrate their potential.
- 26:57Using Exponential Technology To Close the Gaps Between Health, Caring, and HealthcareJohn Mattison
John Mattison explores leveraging blockchain technology to close the gaps between health, caring, and healthcare.
- 15:26Visualizing the Future of Medical EducationStefano Bini
Dr. Stefano Bini talks about the disruptive technologies expected in the future of medical education, and their potential impact on digital healthcare.
- 25:26Data and Machine LearningAnthony Chang
Data science and machine learning are two of the most commonly used phrases in the tech world today. What do they really mean, and why are they important? Dr. Anthony Chang explains the importance of these two game-changing fields, and the potential to transform patient treatment and interaction in the future.
- 57:50From Big Data to Actionable InformationLeroy Hood
Dr. Leroy Hood of the Institute for Systems Biology explores how big data is accelerating our ability to move towards predictive, preventive, personalized, and participatory (P4) healthcare. Learn how leaps in technology are allowing us to be both actionable and proactive in ways never before possible.
- 16:43The Scariest Words in HealthcareEzekiel Emanuel
Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel on the burden and opportunity cost of specialty drugs on the average American family.
- 22:08Transforming Sick Care Into Health CareDaniel Kraft
Dr. Daniel Kraft talks about taking control of treatment, and how he started Exponential Medicine at Singularity University in order to reimagine solutions to global health challenges.