- 11:45In Conversation with Godfrey NazarethGodfrey Nazareth, Ron Cohen
Godfrey Nazareth sits down with Ron Cohen for an in-depth conversation of the insights explored at Exponential Medicine 2018.
- 05:00Fostering Patient Engagement Through InnovationMichael Docktor, Yan Fossat
Dr. Michael Docktor and Yan Fossat unveil HealthVoyager, an innovative tool that allows patients to visualize and explore their health in a way never before possible.
- 14:29Immunotherapy PanelAlise Reicin, Eric Rubin, Saurabh Saha, Luis Diaz
Panelists Alise Reicin, Eric Rubin, and Saurabh Saha discuss the profound potential of immunotherapy in oncology and beyond. Moderator Luis Diaz drives an inquisitive conversation on research breakthroughs and bringing research to patient care.
- 16:05A Deaf ENT Surgeon on Hacking HearingChad Ruffin
Dr. Chad Ruffin speaks to his own experience on receiving a cochlear implant at 21 years of age, and how he started re-imagining hearing loss technology as a result.
- 17:52The Future of Care: Life Lessons for the End & Beginning of LifeAlan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene reflects on the profound moments at the beginning and end of our life cycle, using his own father's passing as the foundational argument for why rigid systems must stop and ask the question, "why".
- 19:43An Avatar in your O.R. - Redefining Human Interaction in SurgeryShafi Ahmed
Dr. Shafi Ahmed provides an in depth perspective on the shifting paradigm of robotics use in surgery, and what it means for both patient and physician.
- 11:06Electroceuticals: Delivering Electricity as MedicineKate Rosenbluth
Kate Rosenbluth plunges forward into the future of electroceuticals, and the tremendous promise that electricity holds as medicine.
- 13:20Labels, Stigma & Shifting Perceptions in Mental HealthShannon Jaccard
By sharing her story with the audience, Shannon Jaccard works to raise awareness on mental wellness, and the need to shred labels and stigma from society to fully understand what it feels like to have mental illness, as well as the toll on caregivers and family.
- 17:16"Tele-Empathy": A Digital Medicine ExperimentAlec Melkonian, Yan Fossat
What happens when physicians become patients? How would this ability impact treatment and care? Watch Alec Melkonian and Yan Fossat introduce the SymPulse™ tele-empathy device, designed to increase clinical empathy.
- 28:01Unrest: A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patient Catalyzes New Advocacy & ScienceJennifer Brea, Andy Kogelnik
Jennifer Brea, chronic fatigue syndrome advocate and filmmaker behind "Unrest", shares her patient journey as experienced through a digital patient community. She joins forces with Dr. Andy Kogelnik to take on the future of this epidemic affecting over 300 million undiagnosed Americans.
- 21:37Virtual Reality for Patient Care: The Cutting Edge & Lessons LearnedBrennan Spiegel
Watch Brennan Spiegel talk about the key learnings of using virtual reality to allow patients to escape their hospital room, and the effect on their well-being.
- 12:47CAR T-Cells: Building Better Cancer Immunotherapy by Leveraging Molecular & Computational Tools to Understand Living DrugsMark Bonyhadi
Can we define a limited set of markers we can use very inexpensively and reproducibly, to continually monitor our production of new drugs, and identify from a drop of patient's blood, before we manufacture their cells in that expensive process? Mark Bonyhadi foresees a future in which CAR T-Cells unlock that possibility.
- 21:30Digital Innovation in HealthJeroen Tas
Jeroen Tas leverages his background in financial tech to argue for the transformational power of similar innovations in the patient care sphere.
- 16:43Frontiers in Oncology: 7 Top Trends Impacting Cancer Diagnosis & TherapyStephen Hunt
The push toward home-centred diagnostics, patient centred care and more. Dr. Stephen Hunt walks us through major trends impacting cancer diagnosis and therapy.
- 29:00Spinal Cord Injury to Recovery: A Patient Advocate & Stem Cell Scientist Catalyzing a CureHans Keirstead, Roman Reed
Roman Reed and Dr. Hans Keirstead walk through the challenges and victories along the road to recovery from spinal cord injury, and how those experiences can inform exponential change in treatment.
- 34:16Disrupting the Social Determinants of HealthJosh Lee, Lee Sanders, Gloria Wilder
Watch Josh Lee, Gloria Wilder and Lee Sanders talk about disrupting the social determinants of health and start harnessing the power of innovation to drive greater health outcomes.
- 24:54Finding Her True Voice after Two Lung Transplants & CancerCharity Tillemann-Dick
Charity Sunshine Tillemann-Dick follows her powerful performance by reflecting on finding her true voice after two lung transplants and battling cancer.
- 03:28How Pharma can earn the trust of patientsJohn Mattison
John Mattison talks with us about some of the key learnings and insights that were explored at Exponential Medicine 2017.
- 21:50Precision Surgery: The Convergence of Patient, Surgeon & RoboticistLarry Smarr, Catherine Mohr, Sonia Ramamoorthy
Catherine Mohr, Larry Smarr and Sonia Ramamoorthy engage in a discussion on precision surgery.
- 00:53Will AI reduce human interactions?Neil Jacobstein
Neil Jacobstein talks with us about some of the key learnings and insights that were explored at Exponential Medicine 2017.