- 31:12Global Health Innovation: From Big Data to Small DeviceMarc Koska, Ralph Simon, Nico Preston
Panelists Ralph Simon, Marc Koska, and Dr. Nico Preston discuss global health technologies and take several questions from the audience at xMed.
- 14:17Maker Health: A Democratized Future of Medical InnovationAnna Young
Anna Young takes the audience through a vision of a democratized future of medical device research and development, exploring what that means at the point of care, as well as for training and education.
- 18:50Big Data and the Future of Healthcare DeliveryJohn Brownstein
John Brownstein addresses the opportunity and challenge of big data and how it will impact the future of healthcare delivery.
- 37:38Intro to Exponential Medicine: Catalyzing the Future of HealthcareDaniel Kraft
Dr. Daniel Kraft sets the tone for the week at Exponential Medicine by positing that we can move from sick care that is intermittent, episodic, and reactive, to a true era of continuous, proactive and participatory health care by taking exponential steps together.
- 17:45Visualizing the Future of Medical Education, from VR to the ORShafi Ahmed
Shafi Ahmed describes how training for surgeons is changing to accelerate and improve the way medical residents learn their craft.
- 16:06REshape the Future of HealthcareLucien Engelen
Lucien Engelen discusses his dynamic perspective on the evolution of exponential technology, from the delocalization of healthcare to digital and mobile healthcare, as well as the involvement of the complete care team, from patients to nurses, to foster progress.
- 15:23Mobile, Connected, Digital HealthBakul Patel
Bakul Patel talks about the impact of digital healthcare, and its convergence on people both locally and globally.
- 21:03Smartphones Democratizing MedicineEric Topol
Dr. Eric Topol talks about telemedicine and healthcare on demand, and apps that will summon physicians to your home.