- 32:22Voice.Health Summit 2018 Opening KeynoteJohn Brownstein, Leerom Segal
Leerom Segal and Dr. John Brownstein share their thoughts on the macrotrends taking shape at the intersection of voice and health.
- 35:19Exponential Technology PanelJohn Brownstein, Daniel Kraft, Sri Madabushi, Babak Parviz, Deborah Estrin, Eric Schadt
Moderator Daniel Kraft guides an expert panel, including Babak Parviz, Deborah Estrin, Eric Schadt, John Brownstein, and Sri Madabushi through a conversation on the technologies disrupting healthcare, and what they predict the future of medical technology will bring.
- 21:24Gene Therapy PanelSandy Macrae, John Maraganore, George Yancopoulos, Jeffrey Marrazzo, Leerom Segal
Panelists Jeffrey Marrazzo, George Yancopoulos, and Sandy Macrae are joined by moderator John Maraganore to explore the future of gene therapy. Discussions include gene editing, RNA therapy, and using gene therapy to shift medicine from intervention to cure. Introduction by Klick CEO Leerom Segal.
- 14:29Immunotherapy PanelAlise Reicin, Eric Rubin, Saurabh Saha, Luis Diaz
Panelists Alise Reicin, Eric Rubin, and Saurabh Saha discuss the profound potential of immunotherapy in oncology and beyond. Moderator Luis Diaz drives an inquisitive conversation on research breakthroughs and bringing research to patient care.
- 24:29Future Forward - Innovation & Impact At ScaleRasu Shrestha
Dr. Rasu Shrestha focuses his closing keynote of Exponential Medicine 2017 on innovation and the impact expontential technology will have on our existing systems.
- 31:12Global Health Innovation: From Big Data to Small DeviceMarc Koska, Ralph Simon, Nico Preston
Panelists Ralph Simon, Marc Koska, and Dr. Nico Preston discuss global health technologies and take several questions from the audience at xMed.
- 14:17Maker Health: A Democratized Future of Medical InnovationAnna Young
Anna Young takes the audience through a vision of a democratized future of medical device research and development, exploring what that means at the point of care, as well as for training and education.
- 17:52The Future of Care: Life Lessons for the End & Beginning of LifeAlan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene reflects on the profound moments at the beginning and end of our life cycle, using his own father's passing as the foundational argument for why rigid systems must stop and ask the question, "why".
- 19:43An Avatar in your O.R. - Redefining Human Interaction in SurgeryShafi Ahmed
Dr. Shafi Ahmed provides an in depth perspective on the shifting paradigm of robotics use in surgery, and what it means for both patient and physician.
- 11:06Electroceuticals: Delivering Electricity as MedicineKate Rosenbluth
Kate Rosenbluth plunges forward into the future of electroceuticals, and the tremendous promise that electricity holds as medicine.
- 19:02Future of Clinical Medicine - The Intersection of Empathy, Humanity & TechnologyDr. Jordan Shlain
Dr. Jordan Shlain takes the xMed stage to speak to the power of empathic listening in medical practice and how relationship building in tandem with technological advancement is the key to exponentially pushing medicine forward.
- 20:14Precision Medicine and the Future of Clinical PracticeSteven Steinhubl
Dr. Steven Steinhubl emphasizes the importance of digital technology and how critical it is to the practice of precision medicine.
- 17:46The Agony or the Ecstasy: Neuropsychology and the Future of Optimum PerformanceJamie Wheal
Jamie Wheal presents a fix for what he percieves as a paradox of living - both in the best, and yet simultaneously in the worst of times. The answer? Stop overclocking our neural processes.
- 14:15The Future of AR/VR in HealthcareDr. Rafael Grossmann
Dr. Rafael Grossmann makes the argument that it's not AR/VR technology, but how we use that technology as versatile human beings that matters.
- 15:06The Future of Brain TechJordan Amadio
Dr. Jordan Amadio addresses what many beleive to be the cusp of a golden age in brain technology, speaking to the expanding array of sources of funding, from both public and private sources, that have been pouring into the brain game, and how this influx will exponentially change the field of neuroscience.
- 19:23The Future of Clinical PracticeLeslie Saxon
Dr. Leslie Saxon shares her vision of a world of digital personalized health care that lowers costs and provides better outcomes.
- 28:01Unrest: A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patient Catalyzes New Advocacy & ScienceJennifer Brea, Andy Kogelnik
Jennifer Brea, chronic fatigue syndrome advocate and filmmaker behind "Unrest", shares her patient journey as experienced through a digital patient community. She joins forces with Dr. Andy Kogelnik to take on the future of this epidemic affecting over 300 million undiagnosed Americans.
- 12:47CAR T-Cells: Building Better Cancer Immunotherapy by Leveraging Molecular & Computational Tools to Understand Living DrugsMark Bonyhadi
Can we define a limited set of markers we can use very inexpensively and reproducibly, to continually monitor our production of new drugs, and identify from a drop of patient's blood, before we manufacture their cells in that expensive process? Mark Bonyhadi foresees a future in which CAR T-Cells unlock that possibility.
- 17:14Defining the Future of Cancer Control & An Update on The Cancer XPRIZERichard Wender
Dr. Richard Wender speaks to the need to equalize cancer care, and the barriers we will face along the way.
- 17:14Diabetes Reimagined: Developing an Artificial PancreasJeffrey Brewer
Jeffrey Brewer talks us through the daunting, and constantly fluctuating task of daily insulin management, and how his team is working to eliminate the guesswork.