- 35:19Exponential Technology PanelJohn Brownstein, Daniel Kraft, Sri Madabushi, Babak Parviz, Deborah Estrin, Eric Schadt
Moderator Daniel Kraft guides an expert panel, including Babak Parviz, Deborah Estrin, Eric Schadt, John Brownstein, and Sri Madabushi through a conversation on the technologies disrupting healthcare, and what they predict the future of medical technology will bring.
- 31:12Global Health Innovation: From Big Data to Small DeviceMarc Koska, Ralph Simon, Nico Preston
Panelists Ralph Simon, Marc Koska, and Dr. Nico Preston discuss global health technologies and take several questions from the audience at xMed.
- 11:06Electroceuticals: Delivering Electricity as MedicineKate Rosenbluth
Kate Rosenbluth plunges forward into the future of electroceuticals, and the tremendous promise that electricity holds as medicine.
- 17:16"Tele-Empathy": A Digital Medicine ExperimentAlec Melkonian, Yan Fossat
What happens when physicians become patients? How would this ability impact treatment and care? Watch Alec Melkonian and Yan Fossat introduce the SymPulse™ tele-empathy device, designed to increase clinical empathy.
- 24:39Transforming the Pharmaceutical Industry with Next-Generation Artificial IntelligenceAlex Zhavoronkov
Watch Alex Zhavoronkov explore the next generation of artificial intelligence, and how it can help the pharmaceutical industry.
- 18:50Big Data and the Future of Healthcare DeliveryJohn Brownstein
John Brownstein addresses the opportunity and challenge of big data and how it will impact the future of healthcare delivery.
- 16:12What's the Magic Word?Thomas Goetz
Thomas Goetz is on a mission to create tools that will harness the true patient experience. With the aim of engaging people in their own healthcare, Goetz discusses redesigning care with real-world experiences in mind.
- 15:26Visualizing the Future of Medical EducationStefano Bini
Dr. Stefano Bini talks about the disruptive technologies expected in the future of medical education, and their potential impact on digital healthcare.
- 21:39Exploration: Catalyst for Extreme InnovationScott Parazynski
Scott Parazynski, former NASA astronaut, has explored every inch of the Earth, and even the space around it. Learn how his love of exploration and curiosity has helped fuel innovation across numerous industries.
- 20:43Survival of the Fastest in a Digital AgeLeerom Segal
Most biotech companies spend up to 15 years and over a billion dollars researching, developing, and commercializing a new drug. Even after getting FDA approval, the clock is ticking on patent exclusivity. Every minute counts getting to market. Leerom Segal presents how digital makes it possible to develop and commercialize with speed, precision, and confidence.
- 15:27The Future of Psychiatry and Mental HealthArshya Vahabzadeh
Watch Dr. Arshya Vahabzadeh talk on emerging research addressing the global mental health crisis.
- 10:35Disrupting Clinical PracticeTodd Huffman
Clinical pathologists are constantly seeking the truth through microscopic structures. Todd Huffman is one of the leading minds rethinking the classic tools of extraction, and moving toward a model that optimizes the process through robotic sensors and computation.
- 25:26Data and Machine LearningAnthony Chang
Data science and machine learning are two of the most commonly used phrases in the tech world today. What do they really mean, and why are they important? Dr. Anthony Chang explains the importance of these two game-changing fields, and the potential to transform patient treatment and interaction in the future.
- 57:50From Big Data to Actionable InformationLeroy Hood
Dr. Leroy Hood of the Institute for Systems Biology explores how big data is accelerating our ability to move towards predictive, preventive, personalized, and participatory (P4) healthcare. Learn how leaps in technology are allowing us to be both actionable and proactive in ways never before possible.