- 11:45In Conversation with Godfrey NazarethGodfrey Nazareth, Ron Cohen
Godfrey Nazareth sits down with Ron Cohen for an in-depth conversation of the insights explored at Exponential Medicine 2018.
- 32:22Voice.Health Summit 2018 Opening KeynoteJohn Brownstein, Leerom Segal
Leerom Segal and Dr. John Brownstein share their thoughts on the macrotrends taking shape at the intersection of voice and health.
- 16:05A Deaf ENT Surgeon on Hacking HearingChad Ruffin
Dr. Chad Ruffin speaks to his own experience on receiving a cochlear implant at 21 years of age, and how he started re-imagining hearing loss technology as a result.
- 18:18Enabling Innovation with Technology, Policy and LeadershipBrian Forde
Brian Forde reflects on his time at the White House and the rollout of healthcare.gov as an example of why technologists belong at the policy table.
- 24:29Future Forward - Innovation & Impact At ScaleRasu Shrestha
Dr. Rasu Shrestha focuses his closing keynote of Exponential Medicine 2017 on innovation and the impact expontential technology will have on our existing systems.
- 31:12Global Health Innovation: From Big Data to Small DeviceMarc Koska, Ralph Simon, Nico Preston
Panelists Ralph Simon, Marc Koska, and Dr. Nico Preston discuss global health technologies and take several questions from the audience at xMed.
- 21:05Hacking Health At Massive Scale - Using Regulatory and Economic ToolsDarshak Sanghavi
Watch Dr. Darshak Sanghavi speak to the power of using simple regulatory approaches to address complex problems, in ways that can achieve scale, and potentially improving the health of millions.
- 16:22HopeLabs: Translating Exponential Tech to Improve the Health of Kids & Young AdultsMargaret Laws
Margaret Laws explores HopeLabs with the xMed audience, wherein her team brings together behavioral science, behavioral psychology, human-centered design and technology, to improve health and well-being for kids and young adults.
- 14:17Maker Health: A Democratized Future of Medical InnovationAnna Young
Anna Young takes the audience through a vision of a democratized future of medical device research and development, exploring what that means at the point of care, as well as for training and education.
- 17:52The Future of Care: Life Lessons for the End & Beginning of LifeAlan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene reflects on the profound moments at the beginning and end of our life cycle, using his own father's passing as the foundational argument for why rigid systems must stop and ask the question, "why".
- 19:43An Avatar in your O.R. - Redefining Human Interaction in SurgeryShafi Ahmed
Dr. Shafi Ahmed provides an in depth perspective on the shifting paradigm of robotics use in surgery, and what it means for both patient and physician.
- 12:10Breakthrough Therapy: Can MDMA-assisted Psychotherapy Heal PTSD?Brad Burge
Brad Burge walks the audience through the current landscape of PTSD treatment, and how old technology - specifically therapeutic MDMA - is being revived to transform outcomes.
- 11:06Electroceuticals: Delivering Electricity as MedicineKate Rosenbluth
Kate Rosenbluth plunges forward into the future of electroceuticals, and the tremendous promise that electricity holds as medicine.
- 19:02Future of Clinical Medicine - The Intersection of Empathy, Humanity & TechnologyDr. Jordan Shlain
Dr. Jordan Shlain takes the xMed stage to speak to the power of empathic listening in medical practice and how relationship building in tandem with technological advancement is the key to exponentially pushing medicine forward.
- 13:20Labels, Stigma & Shifting Perceptions in Mental HealthShannon Jaccard
By sharing her story with the audience, Shannon Jaccard works to raise awareness on mental wellness, and the need to shred labels and stigma from society to fully understand what it feels like to have mental illness, as well as the toll on caregivers and family.
- 20:14Precision Medicine and the Future of Clinical PracticeSteven Steinhubl
Dr. Steven Steinhubl emphasizes the importance of digital technology and how critical it is to the practice of precision medicine.
- 26:29Reinventing Heath care: The End of BeginningLucien Engelen
Lucien Engelen walks the xMed audience through his four pillars of the current health care industry: delocalization, democratization, digital, and dollars.
- 12:34Surgery, AugmentedNadine Hachach-Haram
Nadine Hachach-Haram speaks to surgical procedures that have moved from science fiction to science fact, and the democratizing effect augmented surgery will have in access to medicine.
- 17:16"Tele-Empathy": A Digital Medicine ExperimentAlec Melkonian, Yan Fossat
What happens when physicians become patients? How would this ability impact treatment and care? Watch Alec Melkonian and Yan Fossat introduce the SymPulse™ tele-empathy device, designed to increase clinical empathy.
- 17:46The Agony or the Ecstasy: Neuropsychology and the Future of Optimum PerformanceJamie Wheal
Jamie Wheal presents a fix for what he percieves as a paradox of living - both in the best, and yet simultaneously in the worst of times. The answer? Stop overclocking our neural processes.